Gräciõ's LäveñderBliss Café: Kon Loh Meen Dinner

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kon Loh Meen Dinner

I just love chinese food. Dunnoe why, but western dishes doesn't "spurs me up" unless I'm craving for one. hehe...

Tonight was a one dish meal again. Very satisfied with this. Me being greedy, added alot more ingredients to balance the meal. It has been ages since I ate Kon Loh Meen. And surprisingly, the dried egg noodles I used turned out very well. Thank God I didn't overcook it, if not it'll turn soggy which I dislike most. :)

So here's my version & hubby gave thumbs up for it. Do try and let me know how U feel about it.


Gracio's Kon Loh Meen
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stuffs U Need:
egg noodles (dried/fresh)
ur favourite vegetable (blanch in boiling water & rinse under cold water to stop cooking)
chicken breasts meat, steamed & shred
crabsticks, halved
egg, pan fry & sliced into strips

Seasonings for Shredded Chicken:
2tsp sesame oil

Seasonings for Noodles:
1tsp premium oyster sauce
2tsp sesame oil
2tsp dark soy sauce
1/2tsp of black vinegar
1tsp garlic oil
a pinch of sugar & pepper

How U Cook It:
1) Boil a pot of water, when boiling, blanch fresh noodles for 8 seconds & rinse under cold water to stop cooking. If u're using dried egg noodles like me, blanch in boiling water till softens & rinse under cold water. Set aside once done.
2) Heat alittle oil in wok, pan fry crabsticks till crispy on the sides.
3) Mix noodles in seasonings till well coated & top with crabsticks, shredded chicken, vegetable & egg.

Note:
*For me, I poured hot boiling water over the noodles & drain b4 I toss them with seasonings as hubby loves hot food.