Gräciõ's LäveñderBliss Café: Pandan Muffins

Monday, September 18, 2006

Pandan Muffins

Yay! My Pandan Muffins (recipe by Florence from KC) turn out really well, they rise nicely, and the muffin paper is easily tear apart when u wanna have a bite of it.

Probably muffins are easier to make, everything went well, no hiccups to my surprise. Wished this could always happen when I bake cakes. haha!

Bought a muffin tray last weekend from Ikea & was so eager to use it. my next muffin shall be chocolate chip muffin as I've bought a rather cheap & good cocoa powder. Hopefully within these few days I get to use it, provided I get to buy cheaper chocolate chips, the one I found cost quite a bit which I don't bear to spend a huge sum on. :P

Simply love the design of the muffin paper which has been sitting in my cupboard long time ago, bought them to keep as they're really cute. Didn't get a chance to use it until now. :P


I'm looking forward to baking my own pandan chiffon cake when the tin from singapore arrives! :)

**Click on the pic to see larger photos**
-------------------------------------------

Recipe yields about 11-12 muffins


Stuffs U Need:
200g flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp salt
100g sugar
200ml pandan coconut milk**
80ml corn oil
2 eggs

Directions:
1. Put all dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl.
2. Beat eggs then add in oil and pandan coconut milk.
3. Pour (2) into (1) and blend well. Do not over mix.
4. Fill up lined muffin pans up to 90% full.
5. Bake at 180C for 20 -25 minutes or until cooked.

**I use 200ml coconut milk powder mixed with water & add 1tsp pandan paste instead.
** If not, just blend 5-10pcs of pandan leaves together with 200ml of coconut milk.