Gräciõ's LäveñderBliss Café: Just In Time 4 Tea

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just In Time 4 Tea

"Y have U neglected me?!!!!" It screamed and frowned at me. That's my oven!

It dawned on me that, yeah I've unknowingly cast that new passion of mine aside somehow. I stopped being a couch potato and started to get down to baking.

I miss the fragrance that fills my house when the cakes or muffins are in the process of baking. It smells wonderful, doesn't it? It makes me hungry, wanting to quickly finish up everything I've baked. :)

This afternoon, a Japanese Sponge Cake is born. I used the sponge mix packet that I bought from Daiso last week and added chocolate chips, chocolate flakes, eggs, butter, vanilla essence & sugar. Off it went to the oven. The fragrance filled my house, this is the moment I'm always looking forward to. The cake rose nicely, and here's the final product.

I sat down, with a cup of coffee in my hands, having the cake and enjoying it; just in time for tea @ 3pm. Indeed, it lives up to it's name, Spongy and fluffy! :) Just can't have enough of it!








Ingredients:
180g japanese sponge cake mix flour
30g castor sugar
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
40ml water or evaporated milk
1tsp vanilla essence
1tbsp unsalted butter
a handful of chocolate rice & chocolate chips

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 170C. Grease an 18" cake pan with butter.
2) In a mixing bowl, add egg yolk, butter, water(or evaporated milk) & beat for 2 mins.
3) Add flour & beat till well combined.
4) Add in egg whites, sugar & vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in chocolate rice & chips.
5) Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 30-40mins or till skewer comes out clean.
6) Leave to cool on wire rack & slice.

PS: I got my jap sponge mix at daiso, ingredients written here are all self invented.