Gräciõ's LäveñderBliss Café: Are They The Same?

Friday, November 03, 2006

Are They The Same?

It has been a real busy week for me at work. Glad that EVERYTHING's TURNING OUT VERY WELL!! Yay! :) I must say that I'm missing cooking & baking so much. Hope I won't be lazy tomorrow, really wanna bake something and get my oven working for me. Hehe... :P

Managed to find Green Noodles here. Moreover, fresh ones too! Btw, are green noodles the same as spinach noodles?? The ingredient on the packet never states that it's made with spinach, but with pandan leaves juice. Nevertheless, it still tastes the same as our SG spinach noodles.

I had been missing this dish that I made
a few weeks back. So tonight I whipped up my very own Gai Xi Green Noodles. Since I've left minced chicken in my fridge, I decided to use this instead, something new again. *blink blink* :)



Here's my own version for the braised mushroom sauce:

Ingredients:
8-10 slices chinese preserved mushrooms (soak & sliced thinly in water)
300ml beef stock
3tbsp dark soya sauce
1tsp light soy sauce

A pinch of sugar & pepper
3tsp chinese 5-spice powder
2tbsp cornstarch + 1tbsp water

Way to Go:
1) Add beef stock in a pot to boil, add in mushrooms and simmer for 10mins.
2) Pour in rest of the seasonings and simmer for 1hour.
3) When ready to serve, add in cornstarch mixture & stir till well mixed. Pour gravy on ready to serve noodles with minced or chicken slices.

Bon Appétit!