Gräciõ's LäveñderBliss Café: For The Night...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

For The Night...

I've been aiming to make that dish for a long long time. 4 months has passed in the twink of an eye, and that dish has not been born. I found the recipe on my pal's food blog. We usually get to eat this dish during CNY only, as it's so called a prosperous dish and it brings good luck to us too. Oh well, since I figured out that I would only be back in SG during CNY next year, and can't wait till then to taste this dish, I decided to make it tonight since I had all the ingredients ready in my cupboard.

Thanks Edith, I love this. Thanks for posting this recipe on ur blog. I made a huge pot of this, can u imagine?! And I added tau pok too, really wonderful! :) Here's her
recipe...

Can't wait to eat this for my lunch tomorrow at work. My long awaited and finally borned
Fatt Choy with Braised Mushrooms & Dried Oysters.



Usually, u would see me digging out all the capsicums (or what u may call, "Peppers") out of my food. I don't fancy them at all. Infact I dislike the taste and smell of it. But strangely today, I wanted something yellowy to be added into my dish tonight. Don't we all have our strange moments too? hehe...

Whipped up my Szechuan Vegetable with Yellow Capsicum & Chicken Slices. The taste of the yellow pepper combined so well with the salty vegetable and the bland chicken. Really good, a healthy dish I would say. :)




Ingredients:
2pcs chicken breast meat, sliced thinly

1 yellow capsicum, diced
1 packet szechuan vegetable (wash and cleaned)
2cloves minced garlic

Marinade for Chicken:
a pinch of sugar & peper
1tsp ginger powder
1tsp light soy sauce

1tbsp sesame oil

Way to Go:
1) Heat oil in wok. Add in garlic & saute till fragrant.

2) Pour in chicken slices, fry till half cooked, add in szechuan vege.
3) Add in capsicum & mix well with previous ingredients in pot.
4) Add light soy sauce to taste, serve hot.